Welcome to The Incarnate Process Episode 47 – Eloden Tonals
Project: Ascended Kings
Character Tonals: Harromere Eloden
So here we are for the Eloden tonals.
I don’t have too much to say. This should all be pretty routine at this point. This guy’s going to be a fun one to work on 🙂
Let me know what you guys think!
Working from the feet up. (numbers referenced 1 to 3 from left to right)
1. Moccasin style boots. Keep the wrappings and straps and ties that you have for number 2 and 3. Rather than having soles on the bottom of the shoes though, lets have a layer of leather wrap up from underneath which is then stitched along the perimeter of the foot.
2. Bare thighs as depicted in image 3
3. The waist wrappings from 2 and 3 combined will work well. Please keep the ceremonial style loincloth.
4. The horn from number 2 is a must; I also like the belt from number 3 and the leather strap piece that you made next to the horn on number 2. It looks like that leather strap piece is also on number 3. The pouch is a nice edition, I will leave it to you on deciding if it would look good along with the horn. Also, I would like the horn to look more rough and natural, not as polished; but I do like the straps around it as well as the overall shape of the horn.
5. The layered bark from number 1 is a must. I think that I would go so far as to say that it should be on both sides of him, as well as just continue the whole bark armor motif over the chest. Everything on this guy will look as though it came from nature; everything is wrapped, tied, bound, or stitched. The only exception to this is when we get to the axe (which is an inherited weapon to the King of Eloden)
6. The chest straps on number 2 are cool; they look like they could be made out of wood; I will let you decide if these will still work well together with the overall bark chest armor.
7. The arms from number 2 are the favorite, we will keep these and having the fur on them like that would also work. I like how you have the triangular strap thing though on number one the is pulled through the fingers on his left hand.
8. I’ve decided that I would like to have the moose antler pauldrons on both shoulders. Please reference the attached image to see a quick concept I made that illustrates the general idea of how I would like these to look. I would like for when you look at these they are unmistakably moose antlers which helps to also demonstrate the sheer size of this man (9 foot plus).
9. Speaking of size, we cannot make this guy big enough. He is massively barrel chested, and could be compared to the Hulk. Dude, I’m just saying… like, Eloden would make Hafthór Júlíus Björnsson from Game of Thrones (http://bit.ly/1Gr8jt3) look like hes 3 grades behind. I understand that it is difficult to portray size by himself without a frame of reference (such as in a person standing next to him) but the barrel chest is ultimately the main thing I wanted to mention.
10. We would like to keep the bear carcass head from number 2 on his head. Feel free to put braids which flange along and down the edge, jewelry, earrings, or even Egis gemstones in place of eyes on the bear as you see fit. Also, the pelt of a bear tapers outward as we reach the backside, so this would also be fine to incorporate as his cape. Having the bear pelt drape over the back of the antlers should give this a very natural and wild look. And while we may run into a shadow issue with the bear head, I think I may have a solution for this when I get to the axe.
11. Keep the dreads! Yeah man. Also, for inspiration as to how his face appears, he is the youngest King of all the rest, and also appears the youngest. Eloden people are outside ALL THE TIME, so he would be very tanned. He will remain clean shaven. Wild Emerald Green eyes.
12. Pose and expression: I would like the pose from number 1, but turned roughly 45 degrees counterclockwise (so the juxtaposed angle of number 3). Have him leaning forward enough to emphasize a primal scream
13. THE AXE. So I made this extremely generic concept image for this idea I have for the way I would like his axe to look. I couldn’t really find anything to compare my idea to online so I posted my image here. Essentially, keep the main shape and design of the axe you have here (lol not like my cheap example); but in addition, I would like for there to be an exceptionally large rough, polished Egis stone right in the center of it. I made the one I did look like it is a cut stone, but I think if it was more of an oval shaped yet naturally polished stone with that marble green texture that would be better. This can be emanating a green energy if you would like, but most importantly, it can be glowing green to give us another light source if that is helpful at all to bring out a more verdant appearance. In addition, we should have metal tangs holding the Egis stone in place. Lastly, as a bit of flair, how about a tribal-style pattern on the flat blade of either Axe? Not traditional filigree, nor a Celtic design, but a more primitive decorative expression.
14. And finally, you can place tufts of grass and turf stuck in between the layers of his armor, mud dirt and grass on his clothes or in his hair. He’s wildly unkempt. Perhaps grass stains or twigs etc.
WHEW! Please let me know your thoughts!
END EPISODE # 047
Stay tuned for EPISODE # 048 – Eloden Rough 1 which will be posted soon!
Thank you for stopping by!
Artwork © 2014, Dylan Pierpont.
Incarnate Games Inc, Ascended Kings, Omega Mundus series, the Incarnate Games logo, the Ascended Kings logo and all associated marks, names, foci, characters, models, environments, illustrations and images from the Ascended Kings and/or Omega Mundus series are either ®,™, and/or © Incarnate Games, Inc 2013-2016. All Rights Reserved. Used under exclusive copyright rights by Incarnate Games Inc.